5/24/13

Good Gluten Free Dessert Mixes



As any one on a gluten free diet knows, it can be a pain trying to find a good gluten free dessert that resembles the yummy cakes, cookies, and brownies that everyone else gets to enjoy from time to time. Gluten free dieting has become more and more prevalent, and luckily there have been some advances in good food and dessert mixes due to increasing demand. Betty Crocker has come out with a great line of Gluten Free brownies, cakes and cookies, and I have tried them all for my kids. Both my son and daughter cannot ingest gluten without becoming hyperactive, ornery and sick. So Betty Crocker's gluten free mixes have been a lifesaver when it comes to our family being able to continue to enjoy the desserts we love without neglecting our children. In the past, I have not been able to eat the gluten free kind myself because I couldn't stomach it, but Betty Crocker Gluten Free mixes are good enough to simply make one cake or pan of brownies for the whole family.

Gluten Free banana bread. Delish!!


Now that they have come out with an all purpose flour its really great, because I can easily whip up my kids some pancakes, with just an egg, some milk, sugar, baking powder and oil, that are much better than the ones made with my old wheat flour pancake mix in a bag. I feel like I am making them normal foods for the first time in their life, and they don't have to just eat fruits and veggies all day anymore.



If your favorite grocery store has not picked up the Betty Crocker Gluten Free line yet, be sure to ask the manager to add it to their inventory for you. Or simply order it online.

Want to be updated on the latest Gluten Free news from Betty Crocker? 
Visit them on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: Though all thoughts and opinions on the post are mine, I have been recompensed in the form of free items from Betty Crocker and MyBlogSpark for writing and posting this blog post.

No comments: